I’m sure I am not the only one having this issue, but have yet to find anyone reporting it online. I was receiving Error 3004 when upgrading to iOS6.
This can mean a few things:
- Apple’s servers are swamped due to the rush of people looking to upgrade; try it again in a few minutes.
- You are using an outdated version of iTunes. This was my issue. Although iTunes prompted me to upgrade my phone and let me download iOS6, when the progress got all the way to the end, it failed the upgrade. As soon as I updated iTunes to version 10.7, I was able to successfully upgrade to iOS6.
Another error I received: “( ERROR ) An unknown error occurred (6)”
- This one actually stumped me, and got me stuck in recovery mode. I made sure my hosts file wasn’t blocking Apple’s servers (through TinyUmbrella; sometimes the Hosts file is set to use cydia’s host)
- That wasn’t it
- I was upgrading from a jailbroken iOS 5.1.1 – Every time a New OS comes out, it is always in your best interest to do a full restore.
- As soon as I did the full restore, I was able to get it working.